Senior Management Team
K. Scott Jackson
Senior investment analyst
F. Rowe Michels, CFA
Rowe Michels has 22 years of Wall Street experience as a Water and Electric Utilities Analyst, Director of Research, and a Portfolio Manager. During his career, Rowe was awarded 11 consecutive #1 rankings for utilities research (Institutional Investor) and multiple awards for “Top Stock Picker” by the Wall Street Journal.
Prior to launching Alpheus, Rowe was employed at Tradewinds Global Investors (2009-2016), a $37bn, long only mutual fund. Rowe was the Director of Research, a portfolio manager, and covered the water, electric and alternative energy utilities globally. Rowe was also the Head of Tradewinds’ Hard Asset Team and oversaw the firm’s ESG efforts.
Prior to Tradewinds, Rowe was employed at Bear, Stearns Co., Inc. (1999-2008) where he was the
Director of Emerging Markets Research. In this capacity, Rowe oversaw a 70+ research team with offices in New York, Sao Paulo, Hong Kong and London. Rowe was also the #1 ranked Latin American utilities analyst (Institutional Investor) throughout his tenure at Bear, Stearns.
Rowe earned a bachelor’s degree in marketing from Brigham Young University and an MBA from the Kellogg Graduate School of Business. Rowe has authored multiple whitepapers on the water sector, clean energy, and ESG investing. Rowe is fluent in Spanish and conversant in Portuguese, having accumulated over 8 million frequent flyer miles.
Tod D. Turley
Tod Turley has over 27 years experience in investment management, M&A, and law for early stage companies seeking seed/angel, venture capital, private equity and mezzanine finance. Present positions include Chairman, Merchant iQ (since 2013); Managing Director of Seacus Advisors (2013 ); and COO of Minatura LLC (2009).
Tod has held multiple operating management roles, including CEO, COO, SVP Business Development, General Counsel and various Board of Directors, specifically:
- CEO, Amerivon (2003-2009) – a private equity firm specializing in high
growth consumer product and services companies.
- General Counsel, Nutrastar (2001-2003) – prepared company for IPO
- General Counsel and SVP Business Development, Prime Matrix Wireless (1997-1999)
- Managing Director, The Kensington Group (1995-1999) – advised emerging growth companies in obtaining debt and equity financing.
K. Scott Jackson
Director – Senior Investment Analyst
Scott Jackson has over 30 years experience in water consultancy, investment, and management and is the founder and president of Jackson Consulting.
- Project or Program Manager for more than 60 desalination, nanofiltration and ultrafiltration systems worldwide. Negotiated the contractual framework and program managed the first large capacity seawater RO system in California.
- A Founding Member of Deepwater Desal, LLC, a developer of large capacity seawater desalination systems in California.
- Chief Executive Officer of Seccua Americas, LLC
Over 30 years investment experience including 18 years in originating, structuring, negotiating and executing direct investments in the utilities sectors.
- Founder and former Chairman of FE Clean Energy LLC.
- Founder and former Chairman of APG portfolio investment
Over 30 years experience in private capital investing and management across numerous industries, capital structures and stages of development in companies located in the U.S., South America, Western Europe and Asia. His experience ranges from operating management to board level participation with emerging growth and larger companies operating around the world.
Currently, Jonathan is also the Managing Partner of Stearns Associated Partners and Senior Operating Partner of i2 Capital, LLC where he focuses on emerging growth companies in the conservation, water quality, renewable energy and education sectors.
Prior to Stearns Associated Partners, he was a Managing Director with AIG Investments and its successor, PineBridge Investments, where he actively managed numerous private equity and private debt investments in the US and abroad in a number of industries on behalf of multiple investment funds and AIG’s capital.